Friday, May 31, 2013

No start, end, home // Only raw existence, joy, love

It's my birthday today. I always get a little more emotional than usual on my birthday reflecting on what I've done, and what I haven't done.

Here's some poems translated/composed today and bits of creative dialogue resulting from them.
Somewhere in there is my truth for today. Possibly truths I will carry with me for all my birthdays.

はじめなく終わりもなきにわが心
生まれ死すると思うべからず
No beginning;
No end to my existence;
Forever here, now;
Of want to forget my birth -
Of want to forget my death.
- Ikkyu, ages ago

悟らぬも悟りも同じ迷いなり
悟らぬ先を悟りぞという
Satori is mine!
Yet satori is not mine!
The same delusions
Attack both states without end
They say sataori comes first
- Ikkyu, ages ago

玄風や
涙おちるる
心経ぉ~
Taste raw existence!
Tears streaming, puddling
Hanya Shingyo~o
- Adam, today

雨あられ雪や氷とへだつれど
とくれば同じ谷川の水
Rain, hail, snow and ice
Call them by different names
But when they all melt
They run, trickle, flow, and drip
As one mountian stream
- Ikkyu, ages ago



Ikkyu:
if there’s nowhere to rest at the end
how can I get lost on the way?

Adam:
if there’s everywhere to run at the start
how can I find a way?

Ikkyu & Adam:
When the morning light spills over the mountain and fills the valley
You cannot see the start of day and finish of night
But you FEEL it is time for living; you FEEL truth

Ringo:
蝉が喚いて夏の到来を知る
When the cicadas wail we know it is summer

Ringo, Ikkyu, Adam:
其の都度何故か羨んでいるのさ
And when we hear their song, how jealous are we!

Ringo:
帰る場所は何処に有りましょう?
愛すべき人は何処に居ましょう?
灰になれば皆喜びましょう!
愛していたよ
軽率だね
Where is a place to call home?
Where is a person to love?
When we’re ashes let us all rejoice!
I loved;
How recklessly I love




No comments:

Post a Comment